Langhorne Wrongful Death Lawyer Aids Bereaved Families
Experienced Bucks County attorney looks to provide relief for loved ones
If you have lost a loved one due to a wrongful death, you need the support of an experienced attorney. The Law Offices of Paul R. Weber in Langhorne has been providing comprehensive legal counsel to bereaved family members and estate representatives for more than 35 years. We understand how legal action can seem like an afterthought as you deal with your loss, but it is important to act promptly and effectively if you wish to pursue legal relief from the person or company responsible for the fatality.
Common causes of wrongful deaths in Pennsylvania
- Vehicle accidents — One sad consequence of living in this busy region is the prevalence of fatal car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents. After one of these tragic crashes, we investigate the situation thoroughly and retain experts to help reconstruct what happened and help determine who is at fault.
- Falls — A slip and fall on a hazardous walking surface could be deadly depending on the manner in which the victim landed, as well as their overall health. If a property owner or someone else responsible for the premises contributed to the fatality by failing to take proper safety measures, we’ll work to collect appropriate damages.
- Medical malpractice — Doctors, nurses, hospitals and nursing homes are supposed to heal and comfort the people they serve. Unfortunately, mistakes and lapses in judgment do occur, sometimes with lethal consequences.
- Defective products — Problems that occur during the manufacture of auto parts, medications, household products and other items might not be detected until it’s too late. We know how to assert the rights of bereaved family members in wrongful death cases against large corporations who put defective products on the market.
- Workplace accidents — Without warning, an accident on the job might leave a family bereaved and struggling to make ends meet after losing a loved one. You can rely on us for sound advice on workers’ compensation death benefits and possible wrongful death claims against negligent third parties.
As you cope with the untimely loss of a loved one, Bucks County attorney Paul Weber will provide compassionate guidance and strong advocacy should you choose to bring a legal action.
Who can file a wrongful death claim?
Usually the personal representative of the decedent’s estate initiates a proceeding for legal relief following a fatality. Damages in a wrongful death case can go to the spouse, children or parents of the individual who died. The lawsuit must be filed within two years of the victim’s death.
What types of compensation are recoverable?
Two types of legal remedies exist after a fatality: wrongful death claims and survivorship actions. In a wrongful death claim, a bereaved family member seeks compensation for the loss of companionship they’ve endured, as well as expenses such as funeral costs and medical bills related to treatment the decedent received before passing away. Survivorship actions involve the personal representative of the victim’s estate working to obtain the sort of damages a living personal injury victim is entitled to, including replacement of wages they would have earned through their lifetime and payment for their pain and suffering.
Contact a dedicated Bucks County wrongful death attorney to set up a free consultation
The Law Offices of Paul R. Weber advises Pennsylvania clients on wrongful death litigation after a loved one has been lost due to someone else’s negligence or intentional misconduct. You can schedule a free initial consultation by calling 215-752-7676 or contacting us online. We are located in Langhorne.