Langhorne Personal Injury Attorney Aims to Secure Payment for Clients
Aggressive Bucks County firm has collected millions of dollars for victims
Clients in Bucks County and throughout Pennsylvania have relied on the Law Offices of Paul R. Weber for exceptional personal injury representation for more than 35 years. From our office in Langhorne, we assert the rights of victims in legal claims related to auto accidents, medical malpractice, defective products and other examples of negligence. In these types of matters and others, we are determined to secure maximum compensation for plaintiffs.
Accomplished lawyer handles cases involving car crashes, falls and other forms of negligence
Our accomplished firm handles a full range of personal injury cases, including matters arising from:
- Vehicle accidents — You can count on us for comprehensive counsel in auto accident claims, as well as cases involving injuries incurred in motorcycle, truck, pedestrian, public transportation and airplane accidents.
- Slip and fall incidents — If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall while on someone else’s property, we’ll advise if relief is available through a premises liability lawsuit.
- Medical malpractice — In cases stemming from surgical errors, birth injuries and other forms of medical malpractice, we strive to hold healthcare professionals accountable. Our firm also represents victims of nursing home negligence and abuse.
- Products liability — After someone is injured because a product did not work correctly, Attorney Paul Weber pursues liable designers, manufacturers and sellers to assist victims and their families.
- Dog bites — An attack from a dog or some other type of pet should not be taken lightly if you require medical attention. We will outline the relevant Pennsylvania law for you and take effective action to secure the resolution you deserve.
- Catastrophic injuries — Serious cases involving catastrophic and fatal accidents demand an attorney who can manage complex issues relating to damages and liability.
Without effective representation, you could find yourself misled or bullied into an outcome that doesn’t truly address the harm you’ve suffered. We’ll give you the legal support you need to proceed with confidence.
How much does it cost to file a personal injury claim?
You should never be unwilling to pursue justice because you lack payment for attorneys’ fees. Our firm works on a contingency basis, which means you do not pay us unless you obtain financial compensation either through a settlement or at trial. At that point, payment for legal services would be billed as a percentage of your financial recovery.
Types of damages you might be able to collect in a judgment or settlement
Various elements can go into a personal injury award or settlement. Victims of negligence are entitled to damages for medical bills, income lost due to work absences and the costs necessary to rehabilitate from one’s injury. It’s important to remember how Pennsylvania law also authorizes specific types of non-economic damages, including payment for pain and suffering, embarrassment, disfigurement and the loss of enjoyment that results from the incident. Our knowledgeable team can advise you on factors used to calculate these damages, such as the extent of the physical harm and the age and health of the victim.
How long do you have to file a Pennsylvania personal injury lawsuit?
Once an injury occurs, the victim typically has two years under Pennsylvania law to file a lawsuit to recover damages, though the timeframe can be much shorter if you’re suing the state. If a minor is hurt, this timeframe is extended until two years after he or she turns 18 years old. Certain types of medical malpractice and toxic tort claims might not be identifiable during the standard statute of limitations. In these cases, the discovery rule starts the clock at the point when a reasonable person was aware, or should have been aware, of the harm. The statute of limitations might also be tolled if the victim lacks the requisite mental capacity to enforce their legal rights.
Contact an established Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of Paul R. Weber seeks appropriate compensation for clients in all types of personal injury cases, including matters arising from car accidents and falls. To make an appointment for a free initial consultation, please call (714) 969-8300 or contact us online. Our office is in Langhorne.