Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Bucks County
In matters related to medical care, construction site accidents and other serious accidents, Bucks County wrongful death lawsuits happen when the actions or oversights of an individual, a company, an institution, or a government entity result in a Bucks County death. Survivors of the deceased victim often sue for damages to financially recoup their losses against the wrongdoers who caused the death of their loved one.
Misconceptions about Bucks County wrongful death claims
Who can sue for wrongful death
Not just anyone can make a wrongful death claim, and the rules vary from state to state. In most states, the suit must be filed by a qualified representative of the survivors who have suffered from the death of their loved one. Qualified survivors are referred to as the real parties in interest. Pennsylvania Code Chapter 2200's wrongful death statutes define those real parties as follows—
- Except as otherwise provided in clause (b) of this rule, an action for wrongful death shall be brought only by the personal representative of the decedent for the benefit of those persons entitled by law to recover damages for such wrongful death.
- (b) If no action for wrongful death has been brought within six months after the death of the decedent, the action may be brought by the personal representative or by any person entitled by law to recover damages in such action as trustee ad litem on behalf of all persons entitled to share in the damages.
- (c) While an action is pending it shall operate as a bar against the bringing of any other action for such wrongful death.
What you can sue about
In wrongful death lawsuits in Bucks County, not everyone can be considered liable just because of a death. There must be clearly identifiable negligence. Pennsylvania laws regarding wrongful death actions can be found on the Pennsylvania Code website. There, you will find much relevant legal information, including—
- Wrongful death lawsuit actions arising under foreign law (jurisdictions other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)
Accidental death in Bucks County
Types of wrongful death and accidental death claims and lawsuits we deal with as Bucks County wrongful death lawsuit attorneys include—
- Medical negligence
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Animal attacks
- Criminal actions resulting in death
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Workplace exposure to dangerous substances
- Workplace exposure to dangerous conditions
- Death during a supervised activity
- Products liability
- Motorcycle accidents
Individuals, companies, and governmental agencies can be held legally responsible for the death of a family member. If you have any questions about whether you should or should not bring a Bucks County accidental death lawsuit, speak with a qualified Bucks County accidental death attorney.
Making wrongful death claims in Bucks County
When you need to file a wrongful death or accidental death lawsuit in Bucks County, contact our experienced Pennsylvania wrongful death attorneys today at 215-752-7676 for a free consultation, or fill out our online contact form for more information. Each case is handled aggressively, intelligently, and professionally.