Pennsylvania Personal Injury Settlement
What types of settlements are awarded for injury cases?
The dollar value of Pennsylvania personal injury settlements ranges from millions of dollars to zero dollars and zero cents. The factors that uniquely define each case create this wide variance.
Most personal injury attorneys are paid on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if they win your case or successfully negotiate a settlement on your behalf. With a concentration in personal injury law, the Law Offices of Paul R. Weber has a track record of success in negotiating settlements and winning cases, diligently working so you receive the recovery you deserve for your lawsuit.
Settling vs. going to trial
A settlement is an agreement in which the defendant or defendants agree to pay you a sum of money in exchange for you agreeing to drop the lawsuit. For several reasons, the vast majority of civil suits are settled out of court. Key reasons include—
- Cost savings — while your attorney is paid a percentage of your court award or settlement, expenses are also deducted from your final amount. The longer your case draws out, the more legal expenses mount. Many defendants choose personal injury settlements in Pennsylvania to retain more of their funds.
- Time savings — your time is money. Contentious cases can drag on for months or even years, taking a vast amount of your time away from work. Many claimants opt to avoid the lost work income by accepting a fair settlement or to gain quicker access to their injury settlement in Pennsylvania.
- Controlled resolution — there is always the risk that a judge or jury will side with the defendant. If that happens you get nothing for your case. To reduce risk and be fully in control of the financial outcome, most claimants opt to take a settlement when a fair settlement is offered.
Although we are fully prepared to go to trial when necessary, we are tough negotiators who work to achieve an appropriate personal injury settlement in Pennsylvania and avoid putting you through the strain of trial litigation.
How much is my case worth?
As with any reputable attorney, we cannot tell you precisely what your case is worth until the claim is fully assembled, because the value of every case is determined by a multitude of unique factors, such as—
- How much continuing medical care you need
- How long your medical care takes
- How your injuries affect your personal life
- How the injuries impinge on your ability to work
- The quality of your evidence
- The quality of your witnesses
- The stubbornness or cooperativeness of defendants
- The knowledge and dedication of your personal injury lawyer
Every case is different, as is every Pennsylvania personal injury settlement. A great settlement or award is our goal. Contact the Law Offices of Paul R. Weber to discuss the merits of your case or call 215-752-7676 for a free consultation.